This is a standout amongst the most fascinating and essential option treks to the Inca Trail, this trek consummately joins social and characteristic magnificence with various biodiversity of greenery, diverse biological communities, and an Inca ruins laid over a mountain confronting the back of Machupichu mountain, lastly this trail gets us to Machupicchu Town situated at the base of the verifiable and archeological site and one of the new seven marvels of Machupicchu. Early morning visit to Machupicchu to appreciate dawn, and dodge swarms while visiting Machupicchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco from 5: 00 am to 5:30 am to go by bus to Mollepata. Begin a spectacular scenic drive through the Anta plains with beautiful and panoramic views of the majestic Salkantay and other mountains covered with snow, and the Valley of Apurimac River. After two and a half hours drive we stop in Mollepata to have breakfast for last minute supplies, leg-stretching or to use the bathrooms, before continuing to Marcocasa. There we will meet with our support staff. They will load the equipment on horses and mules. Around 9:30 a.m. we will star our trek toward Soraypampa (3900 meters above sea level) if we keep a regular pace we will take 4 hours approximately to reach to Soraypampa the first camp site where will have lunch after lunch in the afternoon we have an option to go up to Umantay lake (4200masl) which takes 3 hours hike back and forth from the camp to see the glacier lake of Umantay. But if we keep slow pace; we will have lunch at halfway between Soraypampa and Marco Casa maybe after 3 hours of hiking. And after that we hike two a half hours more to Soraypampa. Anyway our camp is going be at Soraypampa. Sleeping tents will be ready and we will have a warm delicious dinner in the evening.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA - SALKANTAY PASS - HUAYRAMACHAY – CHAULLAY
Today early in the morning we will wake you up with the coca tea. Around 6:00 we will have a nutritious breakfast around 7:00 am we will start the hardest day of the whole Salkantay trek; we will be walking up to the highest point of the trek. After 6 kilometers uphill through the magnificent scenery of Rocky Mountains and enjoying the view of Salkantay mount. We reach the top of the trek. We will appreciate spectacular views of the mountains and the imposing snowy peaks of the Salkantay (6264 meters above sea level) which is known as the second highest mountain of the Cusco region. After 2 hours downhill around 1:00 p.m. we will have our delicious Peruvian lunch, in the area called Huayracmachay. Then we continue our hike to Chaullay approximately 3 hours of downhill we will get to our camp in Chaullay = 2900 masl Where we will have the sleeping tents ready. Around 7: 00 pm we will have dinner to recover energy from the trek.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY - COLLPAPAMPA - LA PLAYA - SANTA TERESA
Around 7:30 am; we will start our trek to La Playa through the Santa Teresa valley. We will hike 6 hours approximately during the hike will see: water fall, orchids, coffee, banana, avocado plantations and we will taste the famous passion fruit or granadilla and also we will see a village call Colpapampa also call the “forest cloudy brow” where waterfalls, thermal hot springs, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, and birds can be observed. If we are lucky, we will be able to see the famous bird called “the Cock of the Rocks”. After lunch at La playa, we will catch a local transportation to Santa Teresa. Where will have aur overnight ,In the afternoon we may go to Santa Teresa´s hot spring to enjoy it. Then back at the campsite for happy hours and dinner.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA - HIDROELECTRYC - AGUAS CALIENTES
After of our delicious breakfast we are going to walk approximately 7 hours. Around 8:30 a.m. we start our trek to Colpani village we will have the opportunity to see coca farms, mandarin, orange and yucca. And a lovely view of the Santa Teresa Valley. We follow along the riverside of Vilcanota River until arrive to the Oroya (cable bridge) then we keep going to Hidroelectrica where will have our lunch. After lunch we going to walk along the train track but on the base of Machupicchu and Waynapicchu Mountain from the way we will see Machupicchu. After two a half hours hike we will be at Aguas Calientes town: base town of Machupicchu for overnight in the hotel and dinner at the local restaurant.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - OLLANTAYTAMBO - CUSCO
Today early in the morning after breakfast at the hotel you will be able to choose between. Walk up to Machupicchu. Or take bus up to Machupicchu. Any way we will be the first ones into Machupicchu to enjoy the sunrise and you will have two a half hours guided tour. Then you will have the free time to explore Machupicchu by yourselves or if you desire, ascent toward the Huaynapicchu Mountain. Or climb to Machupicchu montaña. After Machupicchu you are going back to Aguas Calientes to take a train to Ollantaytambo and from there by bus back to Cusco. The bus drops you off at your hotel in Cusco.
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to mollepata (starting point of the trek)
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- One sleeping pad per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 10 people)
- 1 night accomodation in Aguas Calientes
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 4
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 5kg per person days 1 to 4
- 1 emergency horse every 10 persons – days 1 to 3
- Accommodation for all our staff
- Meals (04B, 04L, 04D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost.
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Filtered boiled water from lunch time on 1st day onwards
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Bio-degradable dishwashing detergents used by our kitchen staff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to ollantaytambo (Expedition, Vistadome or Hiram Bingham service, upon request) (*)Then bus to cusco.
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
- First Aid kit
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Walking Sticks $15 usd one pair the all trip.
- Sleeping bag per person: our sleeping bags are -20ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips--- $ 20 usd the all trip.
- Optional and Rentals?
- Extra night in Aguas Calientes $40 (or email us for alternate options). We will just need to arrange your train back to Cusco for the following day.
- Please tell us before final booking process.
- Personal horse and horsemen for riding or carrying extra personal belongings while on the trek, $120 for the trek.
- Therm-a-rest inflatable sleeping pad rent: US$ 5.00 per day Entrance to the Hot Springs in Cocalmayo
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- A backpack 50 to 70L
- Passport or identity document, the same document of booking
- Blouses, Bermuda and some warm clothes for the 4-day walk
- Cut Wind and Rain Cover
- Walking shoes or hiking
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly on cold conditions)
- Beanies hat or hats to protect themselves
- Toiletries, toilet paper
- Solar blocker, repellent, flashlight
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc..
- Water bottle and purification tablets
- Sleeping Bag
- ISIC card carrying case en student
- Small towel, swimsuit (if you need to baths)
- Extra Money
- Charger for additional personal items (U $ 120.00 for 4 days), 01 carrier can carry up to 8kg.
- Additional night in Aguas Calientes (U $ 40.00 Basic)
- Additional entry to Machu Picchu (U.S. $ 50.00)
- Bus Ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes ($ 10.00)
- Admission to climb the Waynapicchu (U $ 60.00)
- Sleeping bag (Rent) U $ 20.00)
Price per person 2017:
$ 000 usd (group service max. 10 people)