Located at the south of Cusco and dominated by AUSANGATE range of Mountain (6371 m), this moved back area always remained isolated from the external influences tinki, upis and other andean villages, knew to keep intact much of their customs, traditions and habits of the pre-colonial period, its geological formations reveal all their splendour, in a contrast with the blue sky forming a formidable barrier enters the coastal desert and the Amazonian jungle, imposing cordillera Vilcanota counts almost as many glaciers as the White Cordillera.
Day 1: Cusco, Urcos, Tinki, Upis, Arapa pass and albergue.
Early pick up at 06:00am from your hotel in Cusco, province of Quispicanchis, home to magnificent and sacred Ausangate cordillera (Vilcanota range of mountains), the Rainbow Mountains and countless other natural wonders. Along the way we'll stop at two beautifully colonial churches and scenic lookouts. We'll arrive at our trek departure point midday, and break for a tasty picnic lunch before setting out for our campsite for the night, Illapampa. Our hike begins with a moderate ascent, then continues through gently sloping meadows filled with grazing alpacas and llamas. We'll camp for the night near the traditional home of an alpaca farming family, and speak with them a bit about their lifestyle and land. Enjoy a freshly dinner prepared by our cook, then settle into your comfortable tent for the evening, or sip a hot drink and enjoy the incredibly sky . (L - D)
Day 2: albergue - Rainbow Mountain - Return to Cusco.
After a hearty breakfast, set out on for Peru's Rainbow Mountian! Ascend through dark red mountains, with views of snowy peaks in the close distance. After 1.5 to 2-hour hike, we'll arrive at Vinicunca pass, directly facing the colorful mountain. Enjoy time to explore on your own, take photos and enjoy incredible views of the Rainbow Mountain, Ausangate, and multiple other peaks that dominate the area. After a break for lunch, we'll begin the return hike, arriving at your Cusco hotel in the early evening. (B - L)
- Bilingual English speaking tour guide.
- Private transport in and return to Cusco.
- Comfortable Eureka Timberlime 4 Tent (2 ppl per tent)
- Inflatable Thermal rest mattress and pillow
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Horses to carry all the equipment (food, tents, etc)
- Horse to transport 6 kg of your personal gear
- Duffle bag for your personal gear
- Two breakfasts, two lunches and one dinner
- Hot water for washing
- Boiled and cold water to fill the water bottles.
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit.
- Sleeping bag $20 (you can rent one from us)
- Trekking poles $20 (you can rent them from us)
- Tips for the crew (guide, chef, wranglers) Not mandatory.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport
- Down or synthetic feather sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Clothes (warm/winter jacket, rain pants, hiking boots, poncho, winter hat, gloves)
- Water, snacks
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Head lamp,sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera, Binoculars
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us),
Daily Departures !!!: (min 2 people) US$ 398 per person
Small group departures on: Monday & Thursdays. US$ 298 per person
Private 4x4 van
English speaking guide
Full board meals (Vegetarian option available)